Tuesday, September 02, 2008

life is good.

so a couple of stories for you from the last 9 days or so...
my wedding day:
about 11:30 am I start having back pains... I was golfing so I thought I threw out my back on my approach on the 9th hole. After 45 minutes or so of the pain growing greater and becoming increasingly uncomfortable, I notice my lower, right abdomen in great discomfort and pain as well... thinking my appendix will surely rupture at any second, I summon two friends (who were helping set up for the reception) to bring me to the nearest emergency room.... long story short: I had a kidney stone, passed it, made it to the chapel 45 minutes prior to wedding time, got hitched, the rest is history... good times, good story for the long haul..

fast-forward to last night:
I'm up at my dad's playing in the water with Andrew and David... we we're wrestling around and one of them accidentally pulls my wedding ring off in about 5 foot of mucky water... so... it's gone... if anyone knows a scuba-diver or has an under-water metal detector, please get a hold of me... I'm pretty bummed about it.

but besides that, married life has been pretty amazing... my wife packs me a lunch everyday for work, scratches my back, waters the flowers, etc. etc...

not everyone is this lucky...

I hope you enjoyed this segment of story time with uncle eric...

4 comments:

Daniel Rudd said...

sorry dude.

what kind of metal is the ring?
(i'm wondering about magnetism)

is it literally five feet?
(i wonder if you could breathe through a hose at that depth)

Also, I suggest confessing the sin in your life.

;)

Suz said...

This is my son...in whom.....I really, really, am well pleased. He is forgiving, apologetic, romantic...all the things he needs to be..........and I love him!! He is my heart. If you knew him like I did, you would want to be his mother. Too bad, God gave him to me first....can't have him....I will only share him with Jenny...and she's perfect too!!

mon"tana" said...

i don't remember what i was going to write...

oh yeah.. that's right... i don't even pack matt a lunch! she's got me trumped! :)

so looking forward to chillin w/ you guys... what are you two doing sat night??? we'll be in town.. maybe my rents will watch the kiddos.

Jamie said...

I know Mariah likes bedtime stories from Uncle Eric--maybe you can tell her one later this week if you guys come over. She will love it.