Monday, June 12, 2006

Changes

I think as I have gotten older, more and more things have changed at a more rapid pace. This year there has been more changes in my life than I can ever remember... I can't sit here and explain everything that may encompass, but it has really affected me. Friday my little brother graduated from high school. Boy was that weird. I remember when he was born... that shouldn't be happening yet. Life does not stop for anything or anyone.
Today I started my new job as the Worship and Programming Director of Student Ministries at Spring Lake Wesleyan Church. I have been involved at this church for almost a year now, so being here isn't so weird, but now that this is my livlihood, my profession, and my job, it takes on a little more than just 'my church'...
There are other things going on in my life as well that are not what they used to be... it is so crazy to be at this crossroads right now... looking back and knowing that how things were will never be the same, as well as looking forward and not knowing what the future holds... in so many areas, that covers so much... and the variables on top of that are endless...

.

God knows.

6 comments:

Janell said...

How was your first day as the official Worship and Programming Director of Student Ministries? Hope you aren't feeling too overwhelmed. : ) Thanks for the honesty - it's humbling to admit that only God knows what our lives will look like 5 yrs (or even 5 days) down the road, but freeing too. Thanks for the reminder to hold everything loosely.

Nic[H]ole said...

Just wanted to let you know that you are doing a wonderful job so far with the worship thing. Really, you're doing great. I know the following is cliche, but whatever...it's all in Gods hands you have no need to worry.

-nicole

Kate Rudd said...

funny running into you at target! i was on a mission and running late(late: a new habit i've picked up)- the 80's themed bachelorette party was great. we were all given matching, plastic, cow-print fanny packs. grand rapids didn't know what hit it.
congratulations on the job :)

Nate said...

Eric,

Praying for you with all your changes - just know buddy that you are were God wants you to be. Nothing does my heart better knowing that kids that I use to care for our in your hands. Remember bud I am always an e-mail or a phone call away.

Nate

Cindy Kingsbury said...

Eric:
I will be anxiously waiting to read more of your blog and what God will do in your life
Cindy

tonymyles said...

Congrats!