Tuesday, March 11, 2008

abolition

I can't believe how perverse our world is... it is so perverse that even Christians have become numb to so much of it. I can't believe what I see Christians doing, watching, saying, allowing into their lives and homes etc... it starts with one compromise which leads to another which leads to another and so on... there is no filter... and after a while we become numb to the conviction of the Holy Spirit and find ourselves slaves to sin and ensnared in something the world has told us is okay. I am beginning to have no tolerance for compromise... it has affected me so closely this week that I refuse to have it be near me... I don't want a 'middle of the road' lifestyle and am ready to call people out who are living there... I firmly believe that we Christians were called to a higher standard and we need to just flat out destroy any trace of compromise... this compromise, this perversity, this numbness within people who claim to be 'followers of Christ' has ruined my day for the last time... the results of it has thrown such a wrench into my world that I want to puke...
it's dirty, filthy, ugly sin... we need to eliminate this detrimental disease... it hurts way too much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly with you on this. Sadly, I only have two people in my life who feel as strongly about this issue as I do. One is my husband "thankfully" and the other is your fiance, Jen. So what do you do? Have you come up with a solution?

Wags said...

All I can do is surround myself with people who won't allow me to compromise and also not allow the people around me to do the same either... that's the best solution I know...
we need to immerse ourselves in what is true and what is pure, and flee from whatever is not.