Monday, February 20, 2006

the past week...

Sorry I haven’t posted much in a while... I’ve been keeping pretty busy out here...

Last Friday was my first youth event... we played water games and then made our own pizzas... there was about 15 kids that showed up which was a very good turn out compared to the size of the church and the amount of kids that actually attend there... so I guess it was a success... those kids sure do keep you young. They ran me into the ground playing water balloon tag and a game called stuck in the mud... I was exhausted by the end of the night!

Saturday morning some members of our church went and played another church in a friendly game of Action Cricket... it’s the first time I’ve ever played this game, so it was interesting... I’m not going to explain in great detail how this game is played, but it’s similar to baseball, but with only two bases... and when you hit the ball, you hold on to the bat and run... the first few times I hit it, I dropped the bat because that was what I’ve done my whole life after I’ve hit the ball... drop it and run! well, despite that fact, my partner and I ended up scoring the most runs on our team for the match! It was fun.... and hot.

Last week I also visited the Gateway Mall which is in Durban. It is said to be the largest mall south of the equator. There is a courtyard area in this mall and has this standing wave where people can surf! it was the coolest thing ever... I don’t plan on trying this because I hear you have to be good a skating and snowboarding to do this, and it’s concrete... my friend Niel said that everyone he knows who’s tried it has ended up breaking a bone, so needlesss to say with my track record, I think it would be a disaster.

well, three weeks down and about ten more to go!!! I can’t wait to see you all again...

1 comment:

Q said...

Eric!! NO!! Don't do it please...you WILL break a bone. I know it, YOU KNOW IT!! :)