Sunday, September 17, 2006

AG Silver




Last night I was nostalgic yet again. Many of you can't really understand what this band called AG Silver does to me. The best way that I can properly explain this is by simply saying "they make me happy". For those of you who know me well know that I hate going places by myself, especially social settings like concerts... and it's even worse when I have to drive longer than a half hour to get there... but I knew I couldn't miss this for the life of me.

I was introduced to AG Silver in the fall of 1998. I was a mere freshman in college and thought I'd go check out my friend Dustin's band (also a freshman). From that point on, I was in love.

Now 8 years later, after a hiatus and a new bass player, I am even more in love. Something about this music sends me skyward. I can't put my finger on why, but it happens.

So last night... I'm sitting by myself (but hardly, in a packed Knickerbocker Theater), smiling like a school girl in a pretty new dress, singing every word to every song...

my mind transcends time...

for a few short seconds...

re-living moments from past shows...

in the spring of 2000 I was able to perform a song I had written with them at their Quincerpalooza show... The year they won Aris' hometown rock search I was back stage, doing the 'guitar-hand-off' thing with Chris... Celebration on the Grand... with Dexter Freebish at the old Intersection... too many more to list...

all this floods through my mind rapidly...

just snapshots...

I was by myself, but last night that was okay. There was a theater full of people celebrating the same thing in their own minds, doing their own transcending. It was a beautiful night of music.

AG Silver.

something about them makes me happy.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I went to school with Jon Ornee! He is amazing!!