Sunday, September 24, 2006

sneakers

My brother thinks this is the funniest word known to man. I don't know why. He is weird.
I think he finds this particularly piquant for the duality of the word...
for the record, here are the two definitions for 'sneaker' in the dictionary:
1. One who sneaks.
2. A sports shoe usually made of canvas and having soft rubber soles (Perfect for sneaking*). Also called tennis shoe.

*my addition

This leads me to think about who should be wearing these sneakers...

Maybe we should refer to hunting boots as sneakers.

And what about the cunning cat-burglar? If anyone needs a good pair of sneakers, it is most definitely he.

The SWAT team should invest in some as well...

the list could go on...
bottom line: my brother's mind is warped.

But those with warped minds always turn out to be geniuses.

3 comments:

Nicholas Mark Wagenmaker said...

hahaha yeah...

Dan said...

he should move out east... in buffalo and most places out east people call tennis shoes sneakers. and they only call sneakers tennis shoes when they are shoes specifically designed for playing tennis, which seems to make sense to me...

Unknown said...

Great post!...I always prefer wearing nike shoes for playing tennis...so comfortable