Monday, December 12, 2005

my favorite

I learned something about myself tonight... something that I somehow knew was always there and available to me, but rarely had I tapped into it. If you can imagine what it's like to step into hot bath after a long day, or kiss someone for the first time... this couldn't compare to even a fraction of what I felt tonight. Something tangible... you know it's there and you know it can be had... and when you experience it, it becomes your favorite. I think I've had lots of 'favorites' throughout my life... basketball, music, a girlfriend, a new toy... but tonight was different... tonight was meaningful... tonight people took a step forward... tonight I 'got it'... it made sense... it was clear... tonight I felt something that was real... tonight I experienced grace... tonight I experienced conviction... tonight I experienced confession... tonight God met me where I was... tonight God moved in peoples lives... tonight God gave direction... God gave wisdom... discernment... sensitivity... compassion...

Tonight two buddies and I were together for a couple of hours and just prayed... tonight we were cleansed... tonight we were forgiven... tonight we were exposed... tonight we were emptied... tonight we gave everything... tonight we held nothing...

We poured our hearts out and gave what we had... tonight was special... tonight was my favorite.

1 comment:

Q said...

Son,
Your special, and your a favorite! I love you. I'm proud of you.