Monday, December 26, 2005

please pray


With my estimated departure date less than a month away (Jan. 22), I'm beginning to feel a bit nervous about everything that has to take shape in order for this to happen on time... well, mostly I'm just nervous about raising enough support. I know God will provide if he wants me there, but the thought of not being able to go if I don't have my support is really starting to eat away at me. Satan will put thoughts in my head and tell me that this will just be another failed attempt at something I've tried and that I don't have what it takes to do a good job out there anyway... He tells me that this is just a big waste of my time and I should be pursuing something that makes a little more sense... He tells me that I'll buckle when I'm faced with something seemingly insurmountable... He asks me 'How will you be able to lead others if you're so lost right now?'... He tells me I'm already a failure and to just give up...
God has revealed to me my journey and I take it very seriously... He has equipped me with His Word and has given me the authority to discard Satan's lies... I trust that He will give me wise cousel and discerning thoughts... He will carry me when I face the unthinkable... He will help me find my way... He is my way.

And can You be
The One who created me
To live and breathe just to praise You...
Eternal One, and to Your son,
May Your will be done
On this earth and in Heaven
Where we'll praise
Your Holy Name, every day
And I will sing forever...

4 comments:

David Rudd said...

"stole"? i suppose that was a picture you took? or perhaps you paid for it? oh, i think not, don't accuse me of stealing something that wasn't even yours!

after all, i'm a pirate, i'm supposed to steal. arrrrr.

Wags said...

tuche'

Nicholas Mark Wagenmaker said...

hey bro,
i made a thing so i could comment. Its been awesome watching you grow in God. Its been super obvious and the more i see you, the more i can see you changing and growing. Youve been a great example for me, keep it up man.

Rachel Beach said...

Hey Eric,

Thanks for the note on my blog. Glad to hear you're headed to south Africa! I'm sure God has great things in store for you there. I'll be in prayer for you and I'm sure that God will provide whatever funds you need, if He's the one calling you.. just the patience part gets irritating sometimes!

God Bless

Rach