Monday, December 19, 2005

what a weekend


This past Saturday two of my dear friends, Brian and Shannon, were married... The Thursday before, my good buddies from the bachelor party started to arrive. Rocky, Landon and I met for lunch that afternoon and reconnected. It was awesome to see how God has been working in our lives and how out of the experience of the cruise we kindled some awesome bonds and relationships. Thursday night I met Landon at Brian's house to run some errands while Brian, Shannon and her family all celebrated their family Christmas. We met back at Brian's later that night to hang out with him, Shannon and two of her bridesmaids, Kristin and Emily. I was able to talk to both of these girls over the course of the weekend and was very impressed. Not only were they absolutely beautiful, but godly as well. As it turns out, Kristin is leaving for Ecuador in January for five months to work in an orphanage. We had an immediate connection as I shared about my upcoming trip to Africa to do the same thing! At the very least, it is just refreshing to know that there are still girls out there like this! An added bonus was that I mustered the guts to ask Kristin to dance at the reception and she obliged! All in all, Thursday was a fun day, but I was still missing the rest of the boys... they were on their way and were due in around 2 a.m.

Landon and I went over to my Church's 'Missionary House' where the guys from out of town would all be staying and were able to greet them as they arrived. We all pretty much crashed, but got up the next day and all had lunch together and went to the mall with Brian to help him find a last-minute wedding gift for Shannon. That night was the rehearsal dinner and afterwards all of us guys got together and played basketball at the YMCA. After this we all went back to the house and played Texas hold 'em until 4 a.m. It was a blast hanging with all these amazing guys again.


And finally the wedding... What a beautiful cerimony. My favorite part had to be the unity candle. While Brian and Shannon were lighting it, Jason Boyer, Travis DeWys, and Paul Cole sang 'Shine on Us' by Phillips, Craig and Dean and did an amazing job... While the song was going on and after they had lit the candle, the whole bridal party gathered around the couple and prayed over them... what an awesome picture of their love for Brian and Shannon!

The reception was so much fun... I've never danced so much in my life! I think I was on the dance floor for about 2 hours straight with very little breaks between!
Once again, this was a weekend that I wish didn't have to end... Nate Kingsbury and I were able to Drive Mark Liechty home this afternoon after church and had a an awesome time of sharing our struggles and dreams with each other... The bonds that were made with these guys have been so amazing... Since Nate lives so close, I've probably hung out with him the most and we have grown very close over the past couple of months... I would consider him one of my best friends with whom I can talk to about anything... I just feel that God is on the verge of doing something very big in all of our lives and it's so cool how we all keep in touch and are able to share all of this with each other! So, here's the end of another amazing chapter in my recent life... God continues to move and bless me with awesome friends and experiences! I know He is molding me, preparing me... I can't see exactly for what specifically, but I know that He has my best interest in mind... and for that I continue to praise Him!!!

Congratulations Brian and Shannon... I love you guys!!

No comments: