Friday, September 02, 2005

Meet Virginia

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, let me introduce you all to my beautiful girlfriend Virginia. She currently lives in Grand Haven, but could very well be moving to Ethiopia within days, if God allows. She has been accepted to teach English in a Private school there for a one-year term and she is so excited about going. Boyfriend Eric is excited for her and that she will be able to live out this dream of hers, but I already cannot wait to have her back. I will miss her like words can't begin to explain. This photo was taken on our second date which was a friends birthday party. I think back on the 4+ months that we have been together and am so thankful. She has taught me more about myself than any other human being ever has. She is the most beautiful person that I know. Her heart for people and her passion for ministry is contagious, and I absolutely adore that about her. The most difficult thing for me to do right now is surrender to God this season of our lives. We'll be worlds apart, but I am confident that it will only make us grow stronger as individuals, closer together and closer to God. I thank God every day for her and for showing me exactly why He made woman.

4 comments:

Kate Rudd said...

so sweet..i'm happy for you! her time in ethiopia will be an irreplaceable part of how God uses her in His story. how exciting - thanks for introducing her to those of us that are far away! :)

Wags said...

thanks Katie... I hope you can meet her someday!

Jason said...

hey man...I've been praying for you ever since you called. I hope you're doing well, my friend.

Give me a call and let me know what's cooking.

Jason

Jennifer said...

Ok, you're going to think this is the weirdest thing, but I clicked on your blog through Jason Holdridge's who is a good friend of mine and youth pastor from when he lived in Ohio and I saw your picture of your girlfriend Virginia and freaked out. I know her and went to IWU with her. Tell her that Jen Bell said hi and that I missed her in the study lounge last year. :)